Is your plant effectively managing the risks
associated with mist in its processes?
Authorized Distributor for Donaldson Torit
What is determined as mist? In manufacturing environments, applications that use oil and water-soluble lubricants, coolants and detergents that during use generate a mist (a liquid particle 20 microns or smaller) and require the control of a mist collector. Applications include: metal cutting, metal forming, metal grinding, part washers and lube oil systems.
Metalworking Fluids (MWF) are a key component in today’s manufacturing process, however, they can present several workplace hazards. Specifically, they generate airborne mists that must be handled properly in order to protect the health and safety of employees.
For over a half century, manufacturers of metal products have been installing mist collectors for preventive maintenance on their mills, drills, lathes, grinding, casting and other cutting, forming and related machines.
Over the years, demand has grown for higher-quality parts with tighter tolerances turned out quicker and at a lower cost. This has increased the speed of the machining tools, the amount of coolants and lubricants, and the pressure at which coolants and lubricants are delivered. These increases have greatly impacted the amount of mist generated while decreasing the particle size. The results of all this is decreasing air quality, requiring new controls to reduce airborne mist levels.
While it’s important to have a well designed mist collection system-- including properly designed hoods and ductwork, an organized maintenance program is needed to maintain effective mist control and can therefore help manage the presence of dispersed mist.
Is your plant effectively managing the risks associated with fumes in its processes?
P-A Industrial Services offers a full suite of products and services to help you manage and minimize the environmental and safety impact of fume collection in your manufacturing environment. We are experts in all aspects of fume collection/baghouse systems. We can assist in troubleshooting and repair any problem you could possibly encounter, including common issues such as low air flow, short filter life, dirty work areas and fan and compressed air issues.
P-A Industrial Services offers a Dust Collector Optimizer Maintenance & Diagnostics Program. The objective of this program is to provide you with scheduled maintenance for your dust/fume/mist collection system to keep your system running efficiently and reliably. Optimizer will benefit your business by improving employee safety and business productivity through:
- Clean air for your working environment
- Clean air emissions
- OSHA, EPA and MPCA regulatory adherence
- Allowing facilities maintenance to focus on core production equipment
- Equipment operating at design specifications
The operating condition of your equipment is critical to the success of your business. With that in mind, our Optimizer program offers you these key features:
- Data collection and trending of all key points including fan performance, filtration system pressure differential and air flow
- Service is conducted by fully trained and factory-authorized field technicians
- Fan vibration inspection by factory-trained experts
- Full system review and recommendations from our certified technician
P-A Industries can work with you to get a proper airflow measurement and airflow balancing after looking at your ventilation and ductwork design.
Proper ventilation sizing and duct layout is a critical step in ensuring an efficient dust collection/baghouse system. P-A Industries can assist in designing and installing your dust collection/baghouse system for maximum efficiency.
Our services include:
- Donaldson Dust Collection/Baghouse Equipment
- Dust Collector/Baghouse Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Industrial Fan/Blower Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Fan Balancing and Vibration Analysis
- Parts Supply
- Compressed Air
- Dust Collector/Baghouse Service
- Dust Collector/Baghouse Filters
- Filter Replacement Services
- Dust Collector/Baghouse Parts
- Dust Collector/Baghouse Installation and Design
- Airflow Measurement and Balancing
- Ventilation and Ductwork Design
- Combustible Dust NFPA 652
- Pneumatic Conveying Preventative Maintenance and Repair
- Accurate Service Documentation and Maintenance Records
- Donaldson Torit (Donaldson Authorized Service Provider)
- New York Blower
- Coperion K-Tron
- TerraSource Global
- Thermo Scientific
- Auburn International
- IEP Technologies
- Schenk Process MAC
- Camfil Farr
- Imperial Systems
- Airflow Systems
- Environmental Systems Designs
- Micro Air
- Carter Day
- Many more